Sunday 24 October 2010

Green Card (1990)

A question: Andie MacDowell or Bebe Neuwirth? Personally I'd go Bebe every time; her voice, her skin, her hair, those eyes, argh! She's gorgeous. I watched that episode of Cheers a couple of weeks ago where she and Frasier go on the psychology chat show and practically have sex with their eyes, it was the HOTTEST thing I'd ever seen! Unfortunately Bebe wears a stupid hat in Green Card so I'd probably go for Andie, who instead wears a variety of stupid hats.
Green Card was one of my favourite films when I was younger, it's what I thought romance was, and I guess I still do because I saw it again yesterday for the first time in years and I thought it was lovely! It's got a gentle silliness and it's full of sexual tension, what more do you need?
Who is the Andie MacDowell of nowadays? We don't have one. It's a shame, she is mostly shite and annoying but she's in four great films and she's perfect in those films as the stuck-up, beautiful woman. Green Card, Groundhog Day, Four Weddings and yes, I'm going to say it, Michael -I liked it!

4 comments:

  1. I also liked Multiplicity, but it's not good because she's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things I can't believe.....1. You like Green Card and it's a romcom! 2. You are praising Andy MacDowell. I've always liked Green Card but imagine how much better it could have been with a good actor in place of MacDowell....or maybe she could have been overdubbed like in Greystoke (and several L'Oreal ads)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked romcoms in the early 90s! And in the 50s.
    She is insecure and aggressive and he is a charming French oaf. What's not to like?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I like French romcoms.
    The French actors have character.

    ReplyDelete