Wednesday 24 February 2010

Murder in Samarkand by David Hare (Saturday Play Radio 4)

Dramatization of former Uzbekistan ambassador Craig Murray's memoirs.
Good stuff, depressing of course but no-nonsense and the occasional nervous giggle. Not the sort of thing to listen to while drawing children having a jolly time at the cinema, I had pen paused over paper for the full hour and a half unable to draw while listening to this play.
And I'm glad I did listen to it, it was a gripping piece and Tennant is good at proper acting, a nice performance of a passionate but flawed man, glad he's back on the radio.
I hope those at Dundee University now (I attended 2004-2007) understand how good they have it with a heroic human-rights activist as a Rector rather than Lorraine Kelly.

1 comment:

  1. Urgh! I missed Craig Murray's window! Brian Cox is now rector, my most hated of all actors!!
    He calls actors sell-outs if they do musicals on stage and yet he'll star in tons of dross at the cinema. Fuck off, Brian Cox!

    ReplyDelete